Minor Update - 8th April 2020
Started by MrLogano

Evening all,

I carried out a small update on the server earlier as I work towards an upcoming major update. Since I can't really hide it anymore, I will go into a little more detail surrounding this major update, and what it means for the server.

Custom World:

A few people have already stumbled across this, but a new world has appeared on our Dynmap. This world is part of an upcoming major update, which will see a new Custom world added to the server. This world has a slightly smaller radius, but was pre-generated using EpicWorldGenerator. You can see more detail of this map looking on Dynmap here.

AuthMe:

This was brought forward and installed on the server early. This feature means new people must register in-game, and is used to authenticate accounts on this website. This feature might appear to be more of an annoyance, but is hugely important to the server.

LWC:

Another update which was brought forward is LWC. This protection plugin allows players to lock their chests, and other blocks such as furnaces, and doors for example. This plugin is designed to mesh with Towny, offering an extra level of protection for chests in areas outside of your town, or for those players who do not yet have a town. It doesn't protect player builds, and is aimed at only protecting chests from being raided.

Upcoming Features / Updates:

I won't give too much away here, but as a sneak preview for upcoming features in this major update... they involve the inclusion of a custom built spawn for the server. This is being built by a team of builders for the exclusive use of Minecrafting. This is still a little way off completion, but is an indicator of the direction we are heading as a server.

3 months agoLast edited: 3 months ago

Will this update delete all buildings of existing towns? When the update does happen, will we be able to keep our inventory?

3 months ago

No Towns and Stuff WILL NOT be deleted, well unless ofcourse duck jinxs it

3 months ago
Nanolac:

Will this update delete all buildings of existing towns? When the update does happen, will we be able to keep our inventory?

No, the existing world will not delete any existing towns, or inventory etc.

3 months ago